International

Iraqi Transnational Collective Celebrates Diversity of Iraqi Women at Home and Abroad

“Iraqi women: between Home and Diaspora” was the subject those in attendance had come to learn more about. The gathering was the first public event to be hosted by the London branch of the newly formed Iraqi

Iraqi IDPs – Fragmentation of National and Cultural Identity – an event organised by Tadhamun (Iraqi Women Solidarity)

On 14 May Nina journalist Shams Al-Shakarchi attended an event organised by Tadhamun (Iraqi Women Solidarity) – a group of activists campaigning on human rights issues, justice and equality – which examined the fragmentation of Iraq’s society

Awan – Connecting African Agribusiness Women to Iraq

by Awan EA, the new face of African Agriculture Greetings from Nairobi, Kenya. We are a network of  successful women in Agribusiness from East Africa and are keen to share business opportunities and stories with business women

Nina-Iraq, the’ Next Billion’ and the Power of Inclusive Prosperity

By Madeleine White “Emerging markets will be a driving force in sustainable economic growth. If civil society is fully and inclusively engaged in the economy, the significant population growth rate will lead to greater consumption and therefore

Nina to participate at the Next Billion Conference

Nina magazine is delighted to be participating in an international, precedent-setting conference, “The Next Billion: Women and the Economy of the Future.” Held in Vancouver on 7th May, the aim is to find actionable initiatives able to

What I learned as an Iraqi woman on Int’l Women’s Day in Vienna

by Lemya “Frauen sind schön (women are beautiful!)!” A raucous voice drew my attention in the middle of St. Stephen’s Cathedral (Stephansdom) Square in Vienna. I turned and, to my surprise, saw women from different organizations marching

Nina Magazine: A Milestone to Women’s and Community Empowerment across the World

By Irene Montes It was a cold crisp November morning when I arrived at the Berns Hotel, located in the city of Stockholm, Sweden, commonly known as the Venice of the North.  This is where the 8th

Nina enjoys a warm welcome at the Iraqi Cultural Centre In London

Madeleine White and Sana Bekki were delighted to participate in two events held  by the Iraqi Cultural Centre on Saturday 18th October. Thanks to the kind invitation of Dr Aziz, President of the Iraqi Medical Society International,

Team Nina signs MOU with the Iraq Business Council in Amman

This week Nina’s Board Chair Khalid Mahdi (PSDC) and board member Charlotte Kalin (Chamber Trade Sweden) joined Editor in Chief Madeleine White and Vice Editor in Chief Sana Bekki in Amman for the signing of an

The Iraqi flag flies high in London’s Trafalgar Square…. an Eid festival to remember

London – Sana Bekki The Iraqi flag flew high in Trafalgar Square, the heart of the British capital London, the site of an event marking the Muslim Eid Al-Fitr festival, which was organized under the auspices of