Community

Iraqi IDPs – Fragmentation of National and Cultural Identity – an event organised by Tadhamun (Iraqi Women Solidarity)

On 14 May Nina journalist Shams Al-Shakarchi attended an event organised by Tadhamun (Iraqi Women Solidarity) – a group of activists campaigning on human rights issues, justice and equality – which examined the fragmentation of Iraq’s society

The Iraqi Transnational Collective

The Iraqi Transnational Collective in London is launching itself as a newly formed inclusive organisation for young Iraqis of all backgrounds transnationally. The Collective will be hosting its first event on 28 June 2016 at the London

My life as a girl in education: Learning equals power

By: Olivia (Lily) Campbell-Lamerton The more she knows, the more power she has. The more power she has, the more she can control. The more she can control, the more she becomes the master of her own

No Women Empowerment without Security

The Ongoing security challenges for Women in Iraq By Raya Abu Gulal, Lawyer and Co-Founder Women Lawyers Group-Middle East Women in Iraq continue to face growing security challenges due to structural changes within country, a general shift

Since When Is Management Consulting a Real Job? A Brief Overview in 2 Parts

By Gergely Lodinsky Never since the days of alchemy has a profession drawn as much fascination, mystery and, at times, derision as management consulting. “Since when is management consulting a real job?” asks a character in the popular

I Have the Right to be Silly!

By Nour Hamed At the moment I live in Williamsburg, Virginia (USA), a beautiful city that is always quiet and where nothing unusual ever happens. I have been here for six months and I have to admit

Seven Months in the Middle East

By Nicole Donnachie Hello! I’m Nicole and I wanted to write for Nina magazine because I believe in its mission of cultural exchange and knowledge-sharing, especially amongst women. I’ve enjoyed reading the wealth of articles on

Transition Announcement

Nina Magazine’s Co-founder and Editor in Chief Madeleine White, will be transitioning from her current operational role in Nina-Iraq, to support community and communications based Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) projects in Africa and India. In Madeleine’s words,

Feminists Inshallah!

By Karima H’mimsa Back from my holidays with my family, I was chatting with my friend Gulhan about my time at Riad Kheirredine in Marrakech where I had an amazing stay.  Showing her the pictures on the

Unlocking the Untapped Potential: The Impact of Women’s Economic Empowerment on Socio-Economic Welfare

by Athena Sharma I am a passionate feminist and advocate for gender equality and these ideals have been ingrained in me from an early age. Growing up with a single mother in India, which is still a