Community

How to Create a Standout CV – My ‘Top Tips’

by Jenny Durgan When I thought about what I could write an article about for Nina I knew I wanted to provide some help and impart knowledge I have learned from my work experience so far. I

Nina-Iraq, the’ Next Billion’ and the Power of Inclusive Prosperity

By Madeleine White “Emerging markets will be a driving force in sustainable economic growth. If civil society is fully and inclusively engaged in the economy, the significant population growth rate will lead to greater consumption and therefore

Women in Islam – A Fair Share of any Inheritance

Regular contributor and Islamic finance expert Dr Natalie Schoon, examines inheritance rights for women in Islam. At a time when women generally had little to no rights, the Quran introduced equality between genders. Women were not owned by their

Dear Nina, can you support a production about the problem for women after displacement in a theatrical performance?

Dear Nina,  We are a theatre group of displaced Christians from Nineveh, Mosul. Can you sponsor and support a production about the problem for women after displacement in a theatrical performance? Our goal is to put the

Nina to participate at the Next Billion Conference

Nina magazine is delighted to be participating in an international, precedent-setting conference, “The Next Billion: Women and the Economy of the Future.” Held in Vancouver on 7th May, the aim is to find actionable initiatives able to

The ‘Man Thing’: why seizing the opportunity to celebrate women in Science matters

by Karima H’mimsa 100 years ago Albert Einstein revealed his General Theory of Relativity.  2015 is therefore the 100th anniversary of the unveiling of E=mc^2.  Coupled with the 17th L’Oréal -UNESCO “For Women in Science ”

Mirvett Al Hussaini  – creating success from the rubble of chaos

by Abdulaziz Mohammed Yunus, Cairo Creating success when working within a supportive environment is to be admired; sustaining this success in an environment that seems to offer nothing but obstacles, is trailblazing ­- something that needs to

What I learned as an Iraqi woman on Int’l Women’s Day in Vienna

by Lemya “Frauen sind schön (women are beautiful!)!” A raucous voice drew my attention in the middle of St. Stephen’s Cathedral (Stephansdom) Square in Vienna. I turned and, to my surprise, saw women from different organizations marching

A message of hope and support from Suleimania on International Women’s Day 2015

Key stakeholders, including the Municipality of Suleimania, the University of Suleimania, Chamber Trade Sweden, Nina Magazine  and many others sent a strong message of collaboration and support to all Iraqi women on March 8th Women’s Day. A

International Women’s Day Event in Iraq:  Present Reality, Future Hope

Nina Magazine is delighted to be playing a pivotal role in Iraq’s International Women’s Day Celebrations as media partner. Hosted in the Grand Millennium Hotel in Suleimania on 7-8th March, over 300 delegates from across Iraq and